This scholarship is designed to assist first-generation and low-income, minority college students with the purchase of course books.
The applicant must meet the following requirements in order to qualify for this scholarship.
The applicant must:
- Be a continuing-college freshman or above from a first generation of low-income household.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a grade point average of 2.9 or higher (on a 4.0 grading scale at an accredited 2 or 4 year College or University.)
- All applicants must provide a current official transcript with a College or University seal and 2 letters of recommendation from a faculty or staff on institution letterhead.
- Include a 500 word type-written, double-spaced essay best describing the applicant concluding with his/her long term career goals. Essay should include full name, current address and contact number
- Include a photo and submit all material no later than May 30, for fall awards.
Scholarship money will be awarded the 2nd week of the semester.
Submit applications to:
Attn: Karolyn Lewis, Scholarship Coordinator
PO BOX 8044
EDMOND, OK 73083
Any questions, please e-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org